|North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners
|The Board shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To administer and interpret this Chapter.
(2) To adopt, amend, and repeal rules to carry out the provisions of this Chapter.
(3) To examine and determine the qualifications and fitness of applicants for licensure under this Chapter.
(4) To issue, renew, deny, restrict, suspend, or revoke licenses.
(5) To conduct investigations of alleged violations of this Chapter or the Board`s rules.
(6) To collect fees required by G.S. 88B‑20 and any other monies permitted by law to be paid to the Board.
(7) To approve new cosmetic art schools.
(7a) To adopt rules for cosmetic art schools.
(8) To inspect cosmetic art schools and shops.
(9) To adopt rules for the sanitary management and physical requirements of cosmetic art shops and cosmetic art schools.
(10) To establish a curriculum for each course of study required for the issuance of a license issued under this Chapter.
(11) To employ an executive director and any additional professional, clerical, or special personnel necessary to carry out the provisions of this Chapter, and to purchase or rent necessary office space, equipment, and supplies.
(12) To adopt a seal.
(13) To carry out any other actions authorized by this Chapter.
(b) A member of the Board shall have the authority to inspect cosmetic art shops and cosmetic art schools at any reasonable hour to determine compliance with the provisions of this Chapter if the inspection is made: (i) at the request of the Board, or with the approval of the chair or the executive director as the result of a complaint made to the Board or a problem reported by an inspector, or (ii) at the request of an inspector who deems it necessary to request the assistance of a Board member and who has the prior approval of the chair or executive director to do so. A Board member who makes an inspection pursuant to this subsection shall file a report with the Board before requesting reimbursement for expenses